- Published on 28 September 2015
The French Competition Authority (FCA) has given their approval for William Demant Holding (WDH) to obtain a controlling interest in the Audika Groupe.
The Danish manufacturer announced back in April its signing of a share purchase agreement to purchase 53.9% of the share capital in Audika Groupe – one of the leading networks of hearing healthcare providers in France. William Demant has completed this transaction on September 29, after which, a mandatory public tender offer for the remaining 46.1% of shares in Audika will be launched. This will be at the same price as the acquisition of the controlling interest as required by French takeover regulations.
WDH had wanted to acquire the 476 Audika stores, but they have already have an interest in two French retail chains - Audilab (108 stores) and Auditis (11 stores). The FCA had concerns about market domination in 12 local markets so an agreement had to be reached between WDH and the FCA. WDH is committed to giving up 11 hearing centres to solve these competition problems; they will sell 7 hearing aid centres and end the franchise agreements currently in force for 4 stores.
Established 40 years ago, Audika has 476 centres and employs more than 800 people. The company also has a growing presence in Belgium with six stores opened in the last two years. Company turnover in 2013 was 102.9million Euros. Audika now joins one of the hearing industry’s ‘big six’. William Demant employs more than 10,000 people in manufacturing facilities, hearing aid retail chains, cochlear implant companies and equipment manufacturers across the globe with a turnover of DKK 9.3 billion (2014).
Source: William Demant, Audio Infos France
Fifteen years of careful study of the roundworm Caenorhabditis elegans has led scientists at the University of Michigan Life Sciences Institute (LSI) to this nematode's fascinating hearing sense: it picks up tones through neurones in its skin.
Future of audiology: 2031
Among the 15 international hearing health experts asked by Audiology Worldnews for predictions on the audiology panorama for 2031 was someone whose professional mission is to change the direction of the entire thrust of hearing care to one with the patient as an individual at its nucleus. No. 2: Lise Lotte Bundesen
We consulted 15 audiology experts on what everyone in hearing health will be talking about in 2031? No. 1: De Wet Swanepoel.
The British Tinnitus Association (BTA) has added a virtual event to a busy calendar of UK hearing events, at least two of them face-to-face gatherings.
The days when genetic analysis becomes routine in diagnosis of progressive hearing loss should come nearer faster thanks to a strategic team-up between Swiss hearing health giant Sonova and Montpellier-based clinical-stage biotech company, Sensorion.
For this first face-to-face return, few non-Germans made the trip to this 2021 EUHA, traditionally the major European audiology gathering.
The world’s biggest hearing event, the EUHA Congress, celebrated its 65th international edition in Hanover from September 15 to 17, its organisers triumphantly hoping for a final calculation of over 50% of the 8,000+ visitors it attracted in pre-pandemic 2019.
“Effortless”is the key idea behind the latest hearing aid portfolio released by US manufacturer, Starkey: “effortless hearing, effortless connection and effortless selection”.[ ... ]
Leading battery manufacturer RAYOVAC has introduced what it labels its most powerful hearing aid battery to date: Sound Fusion Technology.[ ... ]
ActiveVent and CROS P are the latest additions to Phonak's Paradise line of hearing aid technology, now the best-selling platform in the company's history.[ ... ]