- Published on 29 September 2017
amplicomms has announced the release of the new amplicomms hearing aid dry boxes that keep hearing instruments dry, clean and bacteria free.
Manufacturers report that nearly half the hearing aids sent for repairs are down to poor maintenance, leading to unnecessary costs. Without correct maintenance moisture from body heat, particularly in the summer, can clog hearing aids; this can lead to bacterial ear infections, affect the sound quality and cause damage to costly and sensitive components.
With built in Infrared lights and heater, the new amplicomms DB130 and DB200 (pictured) dry out moisture and kill 99.9% of bacteria, helping to preserve sound quality, avoid ear infections and prolong the life of the hearing aid.
The new Dry Boxes will treat hearing aids, cochlear implant receivers, noise maskers, ear monitors etc. Just pop the hearing instruments in the center, close the box, turn on and set the timer option to 2, 4 or 8 hours.
The larger capacity DB200 bedside model is easy to clean with a removable tray (dishwasher safe) and features a battery tester so you can clearly see the power left in batteries. The DB130 is a compact Travel Box ideal to take away on business or leisure trips, in its hard wearing carry case. Stop ear infections, reduce repairs, maintain sound quality and increase battery life with the new amplicomms DB130 and DB200.
- Removes moisture and condensation via gentle heat drying
- Removable Tray (DB200)
- Environmentally-friendly - you do not need any expensive chemicals or drying agents
- Powerful UV lights ensure even radiation with 3 Level choices
- UV light inhibits 99.9% of the growth of bacteria that can cause ear infections
- UV Lights switch off automatically when lid is opened
- Integrated battery tester (DB200) prevents premature replacement
- Easy to open, even for people with arthritis
- Easy single-button operation
- Fits 2 pairs of hearing aids
For further information visit the amplicomms website.