- Published on Tuesday, 06 January 2015 16:59
In December 2014, MelMedtronics introduced a New iPad iAudiometer app. The iAudiometer™ is a full-function, professional, clinical audiometer that meets ANSI 3.6-2010 and EN Standards.
The iAudiometer can be calibrated like any traditional audiometer (Calibration Instructions are included). Compatible transducers are also the usual ones: TDH-39, TDH-49, DD45, ER-3, ER-5 and B71.
Features that can be included are as following:
- AC/BC/Sound Field + Masking;
- Speech Tests: SRT/SD and PIPB
- Picture Pointing Test: Psst!™
- Additional AC/BC Test: Stenger Test, Tone Decay, ABLB;
- The Tinnitus Evaluation Program (TEP™);
- A customized, self-populated Clinical Report can be automatically generated from the current evaluation, as well as prior test results, into one comprehensive Report. You can easily customize the header with your logo and your clinic’s information. In addition, you can add your signature automatically.
- Results can be stored in a database, saved to an encrypted file, printed, emailed or uploaded in a cloud storage service.
Various versions are available, depending on your needs. Prices start from $199.99 and in-app purchases are available.
iPad is a registered trademark of Apple Inc.
Oticon has announced the nomination of Søren Nielsen, present Chief Operating Officer (COO), as new President & CEO of William Demant Holding.
UK hearing healthcare professional Duncan Collet-Fenson was chosen as the 2016 European Audiologist of the Year. This title crowned many years of work with a patient who suffered with Sudden Sensorineural Hearing Loss (SSHL).
In new research, published in PLOS Computational Biology, researchers have created an algorithm to reveal a key insight into why the brain can sometimes muddle up visual speech (mouth movements) with auditory speech (sounds).
Unitron has announced “the world’s smallest rechargeable hearing instrument in its class”, Moxi Fit R, built on Unitron’s newest platform, Tempus. [ ... ]
Phonak has announced the extension of the Belong platform to the Bolero family of BTE hearing aids, including the lithium-ion rechargeable Bolero B-PR and the new Virto™ B –Titanium. [ ... ]