- Published on 26 October 2017
GN Hearing announced that ReSound was recently awarded five Stevie International Business Awards, including a silver Woman of the Year award for Kim Lody, GN Hearing North American President, and a bronze award for Company of the Year. In addition, ReSound won two bronze Stevie Awards for Great Employers.
The International Business Awards are the world’s premiere corporate honors, and they recognize excellence by organizations and individuals. The Stevie Awards for Great Employers recognize human resource teams and professionals that help drive great places to work.
For the International Business Awards, ReSound stood out among thousands of applicants around the world, earning:
- Woman of the Year/Management (Silver), recognizing Kim Lody for her ongoing leadership, doubling regional revenue and the number of employees since 2011
- Company of the Year (Bronze), specifically recognizing ReSound’s commitment to developing new products and programs that serve the Department of Veteran’s Affairs
- Management Team of the Year (Silver), for realigning the business, developing and appointing key senior leaders, and making measurable market gains in the hearing instrument manufacturing industry
- Customer Service Department of the Year (Silver)/Customer Service Team of the Year (Bronze), for streamlining to better serve customers, handling more requests than ever before while developing a new training program that resulted in increased sales
For the Awards for Great Employers, ReSound earned:
- Human Resources Professional of the Year (Bronze)
- Achievement in Employee Engagement (Bronze)
Both awards were presented to Kristina Villones, ReSound Human Resources Director, for creating an extensive employee training program by partnering with a local community college to develop curriculum and securing what would become one of the largest Minnesota Job Skills Partnership grants ever awarded in the state.
“We are thrilled to be recognized for these achievements, but they really stand as a testament to our commitment to supporting people with hearing loss,” says Tom Woods, President of ReSound U.S. “We are extremely proud of our staff’s devotion to helping people hear more than they ever thought possible.”