- Published on 10 February 2020
Twenty grants of up to US$800 for action ideas to celebrate World Hearing Day 2020 (March 3) are being provided by the World Health Organization (WHO) and the Coalition for Global Hearing Health (CGHH)
The funding forms part of of activities of the World Hearing Forum, and successful applicants will partner the WHO and CGHH in marking the international awareness scheme's theme: "Hearing for life: Don’t let hearing loss limit you”.
The key messages for World Hearing Day 2020 are:
- At all life stages, communication and good hearing health connect us to each other, our communities, and the world.
- For those who have hearing loss, appropriate and timely interventions can facilitate access to education, employment and communication.
- Globally, there is lack of access to interventions to address hearing loss, such as hearing aids.
- Early intervention should be made available through the health systems.
Groups who want their actions supported with up to $800 of funding can apply here here.
And for full details of the scheme, click here.
Source: World Hearing Forum